"li" hidden when dragging from one UL to another

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Hi,

first of all thanks for the lib, it is much faster than jQueryUI one and it fixed many of my performance problems.

I am currently experiencing an issue when dragging from an UL with overflow:auto; to another as the scrollbar looks like hiding the LI.

it still make me drop as it is correctly showing the placeholder.

I've tried to use the scrollContainer param but it still doesn't work.

any help?

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2012 at 10:09 AM

It sounds like a z-index issue, the LI that is being dragged is styled with "position: absolute; z-index: 999;" so if there are any other page elements with a higher z-index then they will appear above the dragged item. If I've mistaken your issue do you want to provide example html or a screenshot and what browser you're using (screenshot can be sent to mcm DOT ham AT gmail DOT com).

The purpose of scrollContainer is to automatically scroll the specified container (which contains the list your sorting and is styled with "overflow: auto;"so that scroll bars appear) whenever you drag the dragged item outside the container. That way you don't have to drop the item, manually scroll then pick up the item to continue dragging it and so on. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the feedback.

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Thanks for the prompt answer,

the problem was the container (or the UL) positioning set to relative. your script works only if i put it static. 

it is working cross-browser so far even on ie6.

brilliant work bud.

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Edited Feb 26, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Glad you found the cause of your issue. Strange that it's affecting dragsort, do you experience it with example.html bundled with dragsort?