Using whole container as drop target?

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM
Edited Mar 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Is it possible to use the whole list container element as drop target when dragging between two lists?

By default you have to drag the item first over the placeholder of the target list – after that you can drop it anywhere you want. I would like to have the same behavior when dragging the item over the target list, but not over the placeholder.

Thanks in advance!
snag

Coordinator
Apr 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM
Edited Apr 9, 2010 at 9:42 AM

It should work dragging the item anywhere over the second list and not just via the placeholder first. Do you want to provide some sample html and let me know what browser and version you're using.

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM

My problem even occurs in the example which comes with the plugin. Drag the last item of the left list to the right list. When you want to drag it back to its original position in the left list it won’t stick, except the placeholder had been showed before.

This happens in IE8 and FF3.6

Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2010 at 2:35 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Ah, that makes more sense similar to what was reported over on the jquery site:
http://plugins.jquery.com/node/10262

So with the placeholder moved to the second list there's no placeholder in the first list to drag your item back to the last position without dragging over another LI first. To make things more obvious I might need to look at creating a second placeholder that always appears at the end of each list. Thanks for reporting this, when I have some spare time I'll look at implementing this (although I did forget about the request made on the jquery site).

Apr 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Thanks in advance.
Great plugin by the way!

Cheers, snag